There is one small activity I do on a regular basis that makes a huge difference to my self-belief. It is the act of noting down, in one place, all the tasks I have accomplished during the previous week – both on a personal and professional level. A Week In Review!
For so many of us the weeks fly by and when someone asks us what we’ve been up to we draw a blank…Can you relate? Sometimes you may even beat yourself up because you feel that you’ve not achieved much during the last seven days.
This simple activity will only take you about 10 minutes a week and is one that makes such an impact. It helps:
- build momentum;
- gives you a moment to reflect on the week;
- helps you remember what you have actually done;
- see if you’ve done the tasks that bring you closer to your goals and aims;
- gives you a boost to do more in the upcoming week;
- reminds you that you do have the capabilities to do what you need to (self-belief and self-confidence);
- and inspires increased productivity.
How To Do Your Week In Review
- Put aside 10 minutes at a regular time during the week. I prefer to do it on Friday afternoons.
- Have your to do list and diary on hand. It helps if you use some sort of scheduler to remind you of some of the bigger things you did this week.
- Choose a place to write up your list. I write mine on my blog. You may just want to keep a document on your computer. Write it down though! It doesn’t have as much impact if you just keep in in your head.
- Write down your dot points. Keep it short and sweet – it is easier to maintain. You may have things that are quite big or things that are quite small. For example:
- Caught up with the girls
- Cleaned the house
- Completed website copy draft
- Went to the gym x3
- Cooked 4x healthy dinners
- Read a book
- Spoke to boss about raise
- Counselled colleague
- Sold couch on ebay
- Volunteered at school
- Browsed bookshop
5. Read over it one more time. Pat yourself on the back and see what the process has done for yo
Go on, give it a go and make it part of your routine.
Arienne is the content manager for 10thousandgirl and head she at Savvy Sassy She where she muses about life and wants to help everyone wake up to the lives they love and start living it now. A lover of lists , she is one of those people that does something that wasn’t on the daily to do then goes and writes it on just so she can cross it off.