NEW IN 2014 !!
This is for you if…
- Getting ahead financially is one of your 2014 goals
- Somewhere in the back of your mind, you know your personal finances are in need of a spring clean
- You have been trying to get a GIG (Girl Investment Group) together but instead of waiting you’d rather join women online and start now
This fun and interactive new online program is a first of it’s kind – our aim is to make personal finance fun, social and totally life-changing.
Over 6 weeks you join like-minded women online to:
- Create a life plan
- Set clear financial goals
- Set up an awesome day-to-day money management system
- Know your net worth and ways to use this information to get ahead
- Noticeably decrease personal debt and/or increase saving levels
- Do an insurance audit
- Understand investing basics
- Explore the opportunities that come with property investing
- Learn more about how the stockmarket works and ways to invest in shares
- Maximise your superannuation
- Understand tax
- Start a conversation about wills, POAS and estate planning
- Map your personal and professional support network
- Establish healthy mindset habits
Join girlfriends, workmates and new 10thousandgirl friends over 6 Weeks to give your personal finances a Blitz. It’s all about learning the life and finance skills we all need to know but so often didn’t learn at home or at school – join now to help each other take action and feel set for a financially secure future.
Supported by interactive webinars, worksheets, e-books and online materials, 10thousandgirl will guide you through the program. Each week you’ll receive an email with helpful tools, links and resources. It will provide the details for you to login to the weekly webinar and you’ll be tasked with a 10 minute challenge. Between webinars you have the option to ask questions and chat with like-minds and experts.
Financially empower yourself while 10% of your program fees go toward providing a microloan for a woman to start a new business and lift herself and her family out of poverty. Pretty inspiring!
What is the 6 Step Challenge?
The 10thousandgirl 6 Step Challenge is an online personal finance program run over a 6 week period. The objective is to stimulate conversation, action and learning around planning our lives and best managing our personal finances, building women’s financial confidence and wellbeing.
How does it work?
Learning materials including checklists, reflection sheets, templates and resource material is backed by expert videos and live webinars to guide you through each Module. Experts are available live at different times for Q&A online. The objectives of the program are to increase your basic financial know-how, expand your professional support network and have your own goals, plans and personal finances cracking for your life ahead. Sharing in conversations with like-minded womon online fast-tracks everyone’s learning, helping to improve your personal situation and as a group, contributing to the health and sustainability of our broader economy.
How much is the program?
The program is $149 and includes a moduled financial education course, your Personal Finance Program Materials, online resource hub, access to local professional services mentors, telephone and email support and your contribution to microfinance.
How often do we ‘meet’? What’s my time commitment?
The program runs over 6 weeks. We recommend you put aside a minimum of 1.5 hours a week to join the weekly webinar, login to the discussion forums and complete your 10 minute challenge. Of course it is up to you how much time you spend. The more time you invest over the 6 week period, the better foundations you can lay for your future and the better you’ll feel with yourself at the end of the program!
Where do we ‘meet’?
You can login to the weekly webinar wherever is comfortable – at your home, workplace, a community centre or quiet public space. All you need is access to the internet and your emails to find the link to join the webinar.
Who’s it for?
By joining the program you and like-minds can pool knowledge and resources, learn from each other’s questions and keep each other motivated and on track with your own plans and personal finances, whilst helping others at the same time. Whether you:
- Are 18 or 55
- Have never really delved into your finances before or are savvy and interested and looking for a fun way to keep motivated and inspired
- Are carrying some debt
- Have some money tucked away
- Have investments well underway
- Like to feel confident and secure in your decisions
- Are looking for a like minded crew to learn and network with
What does the course cover?
How am I supporting microfinance by joining the program?
For each woman who joins the 6 Step Challenge and learns to manage and invest their income wisely, $10 of their program fees are contributed to microloans for women in a neighbouring country who don’t have access to traditional lending institutes. The loan is provided along with business training until she can set up an income stream supporting herself, her family and in some cases employing others in the community. 10thousandgirl is partnering with Good Return and Opportunity International to provide microloans.
WANTING TO GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY?